At a distance of 1.5 km from Vellore City Railway Station, St John’s Church is an historic church situated contained in the Vellore Fort. This church is among the oldest church buildings in Vellore.
St. Johns Church is part of the Church buildings of South India and is among the largest church buildings in South India. The church was began in 1846 by the Reform Church of America (RCA). The church was shifted from the Filterbed Street to its current location within the fort. The British troopers who misplaced their life throughout the Sepoy Mutiny have been buried within the church premises. There are numerous inscriptions preserved within the church that present historical past of the shrine. Common prayers are nonetheless held on this church.