Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) announces Fellowship and Internship Program 2019
The Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the Indo – US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are jointly inviting applications for Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) Fellowship and Internship Program from best and brightest Indian students and scientists to provide them an opportunity to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading US Institutions.
- Recognizing that climate change, clean and efficient energy and environmental protection are among the biggest challenges facing India and the United States; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India through its Solar Energy Research Initiative, and the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are committed to tackling these issues by building capacity in these frontier areas.
- The Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) Fellowship Program – a dynamic and transformative Program has been developed to foster contacts between students and scientists from India and the United States.
Categories of Research: (Indicative List)
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Solar Thermal
- Grid Interaction including Smart Grids
- Energy storage
- System Development and Integration
- Other (any other related area in Solar Energy)
- Duration of Internship: Minimum 3 months and upto 06 months
- Number of Internships: 07 [Internship includes in Monthly Stipend; Return Air-fare; Contingency allowance]
- Duration of fellowship: Minimum 3 months and upto 12 months
- Number of Fellowships: 07 [Fellowship includes in Monthly Stipend; Return Airfare; Contingency allowance]
For Student Internships
- Applicants must be Indian citizens currently pursuing a PhD as full-time scholars in the field of Solar Energy in a public-funded R&D lab/S&T institution (non-private)/ recognized academic institute (university/college) in India
- Applicants must be Indian citizens with a PhD in Science, Engineering or Technology Applicants must provide proof of independent research work in internationally recognized academic journals
- Fellowship is open only to the applicants who are working in the field of Solar Energy
- A permanent position in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution (non-private)/recognized academic institute (University/College) in India
- For Internship: Applicants must have 32 years of age as on 31st December 2018
- For Fellowship: Applicants must have 40 years of age as on 31st December 2018
Place of work
- The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution where he/she would like to undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
- Applicants may download the application form for student internship at www.iusstf.org. The completed application form along with relevant enclosures should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted
- Last Date of Submission Deadline: 31st August 2018
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Dept. of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016 Telephone: +91-11-26567373, 26962819 Fax +91-11-26863847, 26515637 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.iusstf.org